9.26.2010

falling flat.

you have ever seen?
i thought so.
too bad it didn't work!

i went out and bought a helium tank
just for elle's 1st birthday!
i ordered boxes online.
i bought mini magnifying glasses
to go with the tiny invites...

oh, depression ran amuk that satuday.
(also the same day i dropped my camera,
lens down.)
back to balloons:
the poor little fellas were too tiny
to hold enough helium
to float out of the boxes.

they just lingered.

drearily.

i should have read
the disclaimer here first.
rats.
for those of you who didn't get an invitation.
or, rather,
got a lamer one instead...
so sorry.
i tried.

paper invitations
(& thank you notes
& christmas cards
for that matter)
are turning into such
a lost art these days
(what am i? old fashioned?)!
i'm not sure if i'm motivated enough
to continue mailing them out.
alone.
i think (real) mail is just so fun!
enough about me...

come to elle's tiny party!
my tiny elle is almost ONE!
when did that happen?
(actual invitations below.)

"tiny food and tons of fun for a tiny girl who is turning one!
join us for elle’s first birthday..."
{call me for more details.}

6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!!! I LOVE getting real mail too!!! :) We should become old fashioned pen pals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I LOVE it! Even if it didn't work the way you wanted it to, it's the thought that counts - right? I can't believe that Elle is already a YEAR old! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just barely got our invite - but I'm with you - real mail is wonderful. I love sending out cards. And who doesn't love getting something other than bills? I think we'll be able to make it! I'll call if not. Excited to see you! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello super mom! Wow! I love this idea! I too love old fashioned snail mail! So much better than bills! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh sucks that it didn't work! Very cute. You're not alone. I love handwriting things still....especially thank you notes.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS