First off, shame on all of you who terrified me by saying i was coo-coo for not getting knocked out! YOU PANSIES! Seriously? That was the easiest part of the entire ordeal. Second, I'll say that it's only been 48 hours, so I'm not gloating.
Thank you guys for your cheerleading and encouragement.
I went into the dentist at 11:00. We were out the door at 11:30. Gauze filled, but totally fine. Mike thought I'd had laughing gas I guess because I was "too chipper!" Not sure how to take that comment, but nontheless! I think that's a compliment? Ah, who knows. Back to the story-- I watched the opening credits of "Cheaper by the Dozen" on the ceiling, waited 10 minutes for the novicane to kick in, and then felt like my jaw was going to pop off from the pressure... other than that? 10 seconds each on me top, and a little more work digging and cutting to get my bottom one out. The last one? He's staying for now. Too risky to have it removed. The actual extraction- totally not a big deal at ALL! I have pictures, and my teeth since I never earned any trophies... I kept 'em for now. These guys are impressive! I'll probably throw them away in the morning. Even the dentist was amazed. Mike was thoroughly grossed out. Again, knock on wood, but I haven't had any serious "pain" yet, and I'm only taking Advil...
NOW for the whiny part... not to gross anyone out, but WHY did no one warn me about the taste you're left with, and the quantity of blood loss?? It is awful! Still! I'm constantly sick to my stomach JUST because of the taste in my mouth, and the gross blood everywhere! I realized I wasn't stiched up, so maybe that's part of it (giant open wounds), but... ugh, I'm grossing myself out as we speak. Must stop. Poor Mike almost passed out twice (I was fanning and ice-packing HIM). Nasty. Nasty, nasty, NASTY! Yesterday we tried to some "normal things" like getting groceries, rearranging our office, and going to see a cheap movie. Today I'm eating constantly trying not to gag. Hooray for teeth extraction. Oh, and I swear I'm not swollen, except when I smile!
Let me know if anyone sees the tooth fairy- I think she owes me some serious dollores for these puppies!
you are amazing wonderwoman!!! I'm glad that everything is going okay and will cross my fingers for you that it stays that way! sorry about the taste i do remember that I don't remember why my my mom had my sisters and i use tea bags after our wisdom teeth out who knows!
ReplyDeleteI am SO jealous that you aren't swollen or anything! I was swollen so much that I honestly scared my mom when she came to help take care of me...it was that bad! I wasn't put under either, which was no biggy, but I think the guy did a horrible job because I couldn't eat solid food for 2 weeks! It was nuts! I am so glad that you are doing so well! Whenever you are in the mood for ice cream or a treat let me know. I can pack up the kids on a Monday or Wednesday and we can meet up, okay!? Serious! :)
ReplyDeletelucky you! i was allergic to the anesthetic & threw up every 3 minutes for about 3 hours after i came to...it was horrible!
ReplyDeleteOh, by the way, after getting your wisdom teeth out, you're left with a really bad taste in your mouth, and you loose a lot of blood. It's gross!
ReplyDeleteThere...I just warned you...just a little late is all
i maybe feel like you're high as a kite while writing this post... just sayin!
ReplyDelete