Brace yourself :: It's a long random blog
First, it’s been a few days of strange death stories. I’ve been in Ohio visiting family (more on that soon!), and while I was gone Mike informed me there was a MURDER in front of our apartment. That’s fun. It’s ok- sigh of relief- no drive-by:) It was between a homeless man and security guard- don’t get me wrong, very sad nonetheless, but at least I’m not afraid for my life. I love living downtown! Cheryl Lant (of the Relief Society General Presidency in our church) had a 34 year-old son who was killed a few days ago when he was riding his motorcycle and was hit by a semi-truck who ran a red light. Terrible, isn’t it? He had three little girls too. A few other people I work with have had friends pass away in the last few days as well… why does death come in waves? Very scary. Everyone be extra safe, ok?
On a lighter note—I went to Ohio for my grandma’s “pre-death party.” I love my grandparents. They’re hilarious. My cute 4’ tall Sicilian grandma decided she doesn’t want people to see her when she’s dead, so we had a party for her while she was alive! We called it a “Celebration” for both her and my grandpa- thankfully it coincided w/ their 50th wedding anniversary. That sounds more pleasant. I will add that the attendance included my fun Italian relatives, my grandparent’s doctors, and… drum roll please… the mortician. I love it! Love it. If you know my grandma, it totally makes sense. It was lots of fun to see my family- we had a really good trip and ate lots of great food! It would have been perfect if Mikey could have come, AND if I could have flown w/out complication…but you can’t have everything, now can you?
Like usual, I got stuck thanks to O’Hare. I HATE flying! Each flight had delays, and I ended up missing my connection in Chicago on Wednesday, getting up at 2AM (Utah time) Thursday, having a 4 hour layover in Chicago, getting to SLC, changing clothes in the car, and sliding into work very unfashionably 5-hours late. I didn’t feel so good last night, and that’s putting it lightly! Too stressful! Apparently Mike told me there were fire alarms in the next building, police, AND fire trucks with sirens last night… I'm usually a really light speeper, yet I slept through it all.
Speaking of annoying travel: we picked Cancun because we could get SLC-CUN direct on Delta (really, that’s why we picked Cancun). After paying extra for non-stop flights, found out Delta cancelled the direct flight. Now we’re going through ATLANTA. Yah, that big city in Georgia. Not near Mexico at all. After this we’re holding off on air travel. Dang airlines! So irritating!
Either way, we should be relaxing by ocean waters in a week and a half.
Happy summer travels to all!
A girlfriend of mine was eating at the restaurant where that guy was shot. She said it was such a shock!
ReplyDeleteA girlfriend of mine was eating at the restaurant where that guy was shot. She said it was such a shock!
ReplyDeleteWhat a crazy time! I hate flying too, but having to miss your connection is even worse. I am glad that you were able to spend some time with your family though! I was laughing when I read about your grandma, too funny! I hope you have a great time by the ocean, know that I am jealous! hehe :) Keep in touch!
ReplyDeleteSorry it was such a crazy weekend! Delta did the same thing to us to - we bought non-stop tickets to Toronto for a work trip and surprise... they canceled the flight. Gotta love airlines!
ReplyDeletephew! My mother in law's 6 hr flight turned into a 30 hr flight when she came out to see us. Hey I need your email address. You can just email me if you like. Our email is curtnjo@gmail.com
ReplyDeletecongrats on the 3rs year anni! I can't believe our 2nd is nearly a month away! Also good luck with the condo :) Grout colors, exciting stuff! sorry about the deaths...? random. and your grandma...I can still picture your grandpa and her, sarcastic and witty as ever. such a sweet couple, and so sorry to hear she's thrown such a party where the mortician was invited :-| ! eek. well. :(i hope your time in OH was well spent, ®uardless, that your grandma is doing somewhat okay. :( Have fun in CANCUN! i swear you need to start operating a traveling business. Me+ Traveling= NO CLUE whatsoever! Will be consulting you on account that we will EVER travel anywhere outside of a 3 state circumference.
ReplyDeletelater on guys.
eat good cheeses.
amy and matt
Hi!
ReplyDeleteIts Kerri...so glad I found you blog....you and your hubby are so cute!
Ker
Hi!
ReplyDeleteIts Kerri...so glad I found your blog. You and your hubby are so cute!
Ker