4.01.2010

happy half-birthday!

to my sweet elle:
happy 6 month birthday, little one!
i can hardly believe you're so getting so big.
people say that time flies with a baby...
i don't believe it! sometimes i think you should be in kindergarten...
but i blame that time-warping on sleep deprivation.
that being said, i DO agree that it is shocking
how quickly you grow.
i shouldn't be surprised.
in 9 months you turned from a mustard seed
to a flailing, kicking baby in my belly.
(*wow, did that really happen?*)
mama loves you more than you know.
she is so desperately sorry she can't be with you today, but i know you're having tons of fun w/ your grandma & grandpa. i asked them to kiss you a million times for me. how your 6 month birthday fell on 1 of 2 days
of the year when i work 14+ hours,
baffles me!
i can't wait for monday
when we get to finally be together all day again!
we will celebrate your birthday
with all the bananas you want on easter sunday.
how does that sound?
get feeling better, wee one.
i'm sorry you're still stricken with that darn rsv sickness. you've gotten lots of loves from your sweet grandmas who have taken such great care of you. i love you, miss!
i love your hilarious chuckle, your giant, cheesy, wide grin, the laps you make around our house like a worm,
your expressive eyebrows... i could go on and on.
you still go to sleep on me in the shower at least 4 nights a week.
the other nights you just drink water off my shoulder & cuddle.
it's your only remotely "still" time.
those are my favorite moments with you.
mama & papa love you oodles!
happy half-birthday!

p.s. :: i really wanted to make a cake that was 1/8 as cute
as our sweet friend
jo's cake for sammy's half-birthday...
by "me" making, i really mean your dad. he's the BEST baker. mmm... maybe i can figure something out this weekend?
or maybe i'll just hold out for next april 1st...
either way, know that i WANT to make you a creation like this:

3 comments:

  1. is E really 6 months? Sheesh that means L is almost there. Hang in there this week.

    Oh and the cake...so cute. But seriously some moms are total overachievers in doing something like that for a 6 month birthday.

    Ok now I'm just tired from typing all that. Time for a break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe she is already 6 months? Just you wait, she will be a year before you can blink. They grow much too fast! I feel like Sammy was just a baby and now I'm growing a 2nd, crazy!
    I feel honored that you posted about my cake. I just like to have fun (I'm not an over achiever). His half birthday cake was just an excuse to try out fondant. I hope people don't think I am crazy...oh wait, I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy day to you guys! We need to see that darling little girl soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS