4.17.2015

the carnival is in town!

 carnivals. i'm just not sure. how are they legal? i feel like there are a lot of underlying concerns i have, but i'm not sure i want to know the answer... so we'll just chalk this up to 'things kids love' and pretend they aren't incredibly sketchy. 

last night after work we had a quick dinner then headed to the carnival 2 miles and 25 minutes away. it was basically the most exciting sight on the planet as both kids screamed at the top of their lungs the moment their little eyes saw the ferris wheel from the car window. 

i decided the only thing sketchier than a carnival is an empty carnival. when all those lovely "workers" see a family with kids it's like bees to honey, man. 
 
 so long, college education. who needs life skills when you have creepy, squeaky, shady rides to learn from? a single ride each- that was sufficient:) actually 1.5 because jude screamed on the first ride he tried, so the kind soul had compassion on us and gave our tickets back. i will give them that- they're pushy, but this was quite the kind batch of workers, let me tell you. 
 elle begged to go on the swings- assuming she was too short mike asked, "is she big enough for this one?" his confident reply, "eh, i guess so." 

excuse me while i pray. 

i then said goodbye to my child who i was sure was going to spin off into outer space, never to return again.

of course she did return. and told me it was the highlight of her life.

*please stop touching the rusty swing parts. no, wait, hold on. it may save your life, i have sanitizer.*
 jude waited so patiently for the "train" which was really a graffiti-covered semi truck on a track? that was weird. sadly, the "brand new ride" was broken, so jude had to find an alternative. 
 ^^ that's how the alternative went. not good.
so we played at the park and mike decided try and kill elle by landing on her- just what my weak heart needed. i think i was born without adrenaline. why do people do the things they do? just give me a couch and a movie, i'm good. no need to drop, spin, swing, plummet, or anything of the sort, thank you very much.
somewhere about this time i found a sweet looking bullet hole in the playground tube. 
check please! :)
 last but not least, the slide... 
it reminded me of this day with elle.
jude got off, tripped, then cried more. "mommy, nooo!' side! noooo! ho-wed me!"
yes, sir. i'll take cuddles right about now, too.

these are the days, let me tell you. 

3 comments:

  1. This boy takes after his mama and nana! And the rest of your comments made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! I am cracking up because this is so me! I always tell Tom & the kids I don't trust rides that fold up and go on the freeway. And sure enough, yesterday we were driving and were behind a fold-up ride!! That swing Elle was on is freaking me out!! Surely there are 12 different diseases she could catch on that. Or the plastic "chair" that's bolted to the chains will break and she'll fall through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha!! I am cracking up because this is so me! I always tell Tom & the kids I don't trust rides that fold up and go on the freeway. And sure enough, yesterday we were driving and were behind a fold-up ride!! That swing Elle was on is freaking me out!! Surely there are 12 different diseases she could catch on that. Or the plastic "chair" that's bolted to the chains will break and she'll fall through.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS