6.30.2012

7 years...

Today is our 7th anniversary. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be "lucky #7" or the "7 year itch," after all, 7 seems to have some conflicting associations:) Sadly, my desire for sentiment and a romantic date and/or getaway is nonexistent- at the current moment, Mike is 2,000 miles away from me. If you are friends w/ me on Facebook, you may have noticed a slight meltdown on Wednesday night- after Mike was scheduled to arrive home following his (to me, LONG) business trip, a little thunderstorm reeked a lot of havoc, and Mike was stranded in Denver with no bag, a dead cell phone, and nothing but himself for an extra 15 hours (when he miraculously got on as a standby). I am so thankful for so many sweet calls and messages from family and friends- thanks a million! Mike finally got home Thursday- I worked in the morning, we spent a little time all together, and then early Friday morning I took off on a flight to Ohio for a last-minute visit to see family. The only full day I’m gone is today, our anniversary (I'm heading back home tomorrow). I wish we were together, but there will be time for that later- sentiment, you'll have to take a back seat for now! I will say that the 2nd best place to be tonight is at the wedding reception of one of my very best friends! She picked a great anniversary, if I do say so myself:) A nice dinner, wedding cake, and good friends from back home? Sweet!

Happy anniversary, Mikey! I love you & I miss you. This whole long distance doo-doo? Totally not our thing. It's been a crazy, and at times, reeeeally hard year, but I love you. And I miss you. Happy 7th my dear...
ps- i know i say this every year, but shut the front door- could we look any younger?            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS