10.01.2011

happy birthday, elle!

Our little girl is officially 2.
You know how when you have a baby, you remember exactly how old they are? i.e.: 9 hours, 8 days, 3.5 months?
Now you round.
Then again, a two-year-old is clearly a two-year-old by their two-year-oldish ways. Not much explanation needed.

I can't believe my baby is two.
I can't imagine loving Elle any more than I already do. She is the light of our lives.


  • Mike taught her to tell knock-knock jokes, although she tips her head back and dies laughing at her wisdom long before she reaches the punch line.
  • She loves anything remotely related to a princess, balloon, or animal. 
  • She hates when trains, buses, and trucks pass her by, and each time yells angrily, “NO! I RIDE!”
  • She has the most random palatte. She loves all fruit. And cold canned and frozen vegetables. She will answer the question, “What do you want to eat?” with “Cookies… and… WAA-WAA!” Never fails. Each and every time. 
  • She hates bugs. With a passion.
  • She had her first nightmare this week- it was filled with “bees and f-wies,” and it broke our heart.
  • She is terribly terrible at sharing. Terrible. She’s a violent kind of terrible. 
  • She is sensitive and emotional. And dramatic. I don’t know where she gets that from.
  • …But, she is also sweet and gentle and thoughtful. She hates when anyone cries.
  • We wrapped some presents for her birthday and she knows she can’t open them because “I one.” We’ll say, Elle, your birthday is Saturday- what happens Saturday?” “I two!! I OOOOOOOOOPEN!!! I two!” Each day we tell her the day of the week, and then tell her the coming days. The second we get to Saturday she squeels: "I twooooooooooooooooo!!"
  • She “hides” whenever someone leaves the room. Or when she hears a garage door open and thinks it’s Mike coming home. “Mom! Hide!” “Elle, that’s just our neighbor, we don’t need to hide.” “NO! MOM! HIDE! Da-deee!”
  • She ignores. And awkwardly looks at you out of the corner of her eye. “Elle. I can see you. Stop ignoring me.”
  • She puts herself in time-out.
  • In the mornings she plays in her room happily, then all of the sudden becomes belligerent when she's ready to have our attention. “MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM!? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!?”
I love her habits. And patterns. Our silly routines. The songs and dances and snacks.
I love how much she has grown and changed.
I can’t believe it’s been 2 years since this day. Oh, our little Sushi!
I love that elle makes our family a family. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Elle! Wow, this day is coming way too fast. I love all the pictures. She is sooo cute and has the cutest wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Elle!
    What great pictures you have of her and your family. You have a gift Amanda.
    I am so glad I get to see you as a Mama. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS