10.16.2011

my camera is covered in cobwebs. and they aren't the halloween kind.

I think my camera has stayed in its bag for a record two weeks or so. What? Yes. That’s a first. I blame the cold weather. Thankfully, I have a phone. It saves the day.
This weekend was amazing (weather included). 
I decorated for Halloween- the first and only time in our 8 Halloweens together. And yes, kid is naked again. She wanted to pose by the “scaaa-wee” spider webs.
Elle helped me make cookies- although I think she only did so in order to steal chocolate chips? Who could blame her? 
This weekend she also started counting to ten. Completely out of the blue. I have NO idea where that came from. Mike & my jaws were ON THE FLOOR. Oh, and she started calling Mike “Mike.” I was too busy rolling on the floor laughing to correct her. “MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!” Oh, she sounds just like me:) I should really watch my tone.

The last time my camera was out was for a wonderful work retreat! It was a busy day and we worked really hard, but every moment was worth it. And we snuck in lots of giggles and madness. Because… well, that’s what we do!
And yes, that is snow.
SNOW.
SNOOOOWW!
Eeew.
We spent most of the day in the kitchen. It felt like Thanksgiving. Heater on. Snow falling outside. Smells of food, warm drinks, and dish soap. It was cozy & oh, so fun.
Facials via the steamer.
Linens, face, linens, face...
Chasing wild turkeys. There were 13 turkeys... before Melissa & Annika chased them away:)
Elevator ride? Mmm-k!
Setting up the "tea" party.
Husband mister (all of them, not just mine) joined for dinner! Great day!

I'm officially caught up.
Time to take more pictures...

2 comments:

  1. that last pic is so classy of you guys!! Christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...this post just made me feel super homesick. Like I should have been there, but I wasn't. Sigh. I really am happy now, but those were such happy times! I miss you guys, I miss it all!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS