9.19.2011

a little urgent care, a little state fair...

Thursday night we picked up Elle after work, and 2 inches from our car, I stepped on a bee. Barefoot. On the grass. I’ve been stung twice before, and although I was allergic those other times, apparently I felt stupid and hoped I’d grown out of my allergy. Or something.
Anyhoo, I didn’t.
If you know me you know that 1) I'm insanely accident prone, and 2) weird, stupid things happen to me all the time.
Like this.
Well, I didn’t go to the doctor like I should, and I got sicker and sicker. Saturday morning I drove myself to Urgent Care & left with a few prescriptions and much more peace of mind. Why again didn’t I save myself the time and money and go earlier? Oh well. I’m feeling much better, although my foot is still incredibly sore. And itchy. DARN BEES!!!! I hate bees.


Now, onto the fun part of the day! A coworker was kind enough to give us tickets to the Utah State Fair! I couldn't not go. Elle was so excited- my parents had taken her a few days before, and she hadn't stopped talking about it. I hobbled my way around for a couple of hours- and it was so much fun (mostly now. Hindsight. At the time, I was sore & woozy).
Do you know what I love about fairs?
It doesn’t matter where you go to a fair- a fair is a fair is a fair.
Like… fair people? Most all fairs have that delightfully white trash vibe, yes? Ahh, smoke, rides that smell like rusty metal (and seem incredibly unsafe), carnies, and fried “food.”
Deeee-lightful!

2 comments:

  1. looks like a fun outing. Amanda, I love your new hair. Elle is so sweet! She is getting so big. The three of you are so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! love state fairs :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS